Monday, July 18, 2011

Thank You & Meet The Team!

I receive a lot of credit for my role in our family history project because my role is a public one - I take all the information we gather and post it here on our family history blog and in our family tree for our whole family to share. But, I am not the only person working hard to gather our family history information. There are lots of people who have contributed to the information you see here. All I do is try to compile everything together and make it available for anyone who is interested. Let me tell you about some of the other people involved in our project.

Mike, Sandy, Becky  (Witham Family Reunion - July 17, 2011 - Franklin, IL)
Here is a picture of me with my two family history buddies, Sandy and Becky. Let me tell you about them.

Sandy Sparks McCurley is Aunt Jennie Witham Sparks' granddaughter. Sandy and I have been working on our family history on and off for years and years. We met online probably 10 years ago and then lost contact with each other for several years until we reconnected a few years ago. Sandy has provided a lot of the pictures you see here, especially many of the ones of Francis Calvin and Mary Witham and the pictures of Aunt Jen. She has been my long-time family history buddy and we have bounced ideas and information off each other for years.

Becky Hyatt Bucalo is Francis Calvin Witham's great, great granddaughter through his first wife, Martha McDonald. We also met online about a year ago. I don't really believe in past lives, but if I did, I'm sure Becky would have been either a detective or a hound dog in her past life. She has an infectious passion for family history and a determination that can't be stopped. She has made many major breakthroughs in our family history when we've come up against roadblocks.

Without Sandy and Becky, this family history project would NOT be anywhere near where it is today. Sandy, Becky, and I aren't the only contributors, either, though. We have had lots of help from many others in the family.

Aunt Myrtle's daughter Charlene has been incredible, sharing lots of photos and information with us. Uncle Ray, Aunt Betty, and Aunt Marjorie have also been invaluable sources of information that we've sought out on many occasions. We appreciate the benefit of their experience. Many others have also contributed pictures, stories, documents, and information that we really appreciate. There are too many of you to list and I know I would forget someone.

So, thank you to everyone who has contributed! If you haven't yet contributed, but you would like to, we welcome anyone and everyone. Just jump right in. No invitation is needed. You might be surprised to learn how fun it is. Uncovering your family roots is like a mystery, a puzzle, and a history lesson all wrapped up in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment