Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thomas Washington Witham & Annabelle Stucker Witham

My Aunt Cyndy surprised me with this photo. It's a picture of my grandpa, Thomas Washington Witham, and his first wife, Annabelle Stucker. They were divorced before I was born, so I didn't know Annabelle (my paternal grandmother) well. I do remember meeting her one time when I was young, but that's all I remember about her. This photo is the first time I've seen what she looks like, since I don't remember much about meeting her a long time ago. Thank you for sharing, Aunt Cyndy!


Here is the text from the photo:

Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Witham are shown cutting the wedding cake after their marriage in this city Sunday, Sept. 7. The bride was formerly Miss Annabelle Stucker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ralph Stucker of this city. Mr. Witham is the son of Mrs. Josie Witham and the late Charley Witham. 

The wedding ceremony took place at the home of Rev. William J. Boston, 903 North Church street. Rev. Boston performed the single ring service. 

The bride wore a tan street length dress and a corsage of white roses. The bridemaid, Mrs. Earl Smith, sister of the groom, wore a black street length dress and a corsage of pink roses. 

Earl Smith, the groom's brother-in-law, served as the best man. 

The groom served four years in the U.S. Army Air Corps. More than three years were spent overseas. 

After the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the groom's mother for close friends and relatives. 

Mr. and Mrs. Witham will make their home in Jacksonville where Mr. Witham is employed at the New Method Book Bindery. 

Note from Mike: The date listed on the photo is Sept 7, but it doesn't give a year. If anyone knows the year of their wedding, please either leave a comment or send me a message. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Got the year from my Aunt Fran. It was 1947. Thank you, Aunt Fran!

    ReplyDelete