Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome to the Witham Family History Blog

Hi, my name is Mike Smith (born Christopher Michael Witham). My line of Withams come from Clinton and Russell counties in Kentucky and Morgan County in Illinois. Several months ago, I went on a journey to discover as much history about my family as I could find. What I found was fascinating, so I set up this blog to share everything I've learned with you!

It doesn't matter if you are an immediate family member of mine, a distant relative, or just someone who is interested in exploring Witham family history. Everyone is welcome and there is so much to share! I said SHARE because I'm interested in any contributions you have to share, as well. If you have Witham family information, stories, pictures, or anything else that you would like to contribute, I not only encourage that, but I'd LOVE it, and I'd be most appreciative. I'd be happy to add it to the blog to further share with others. We're just getting started here. We have a lot of information to add, so bookmark us and check back frequently. This is a work in progress.

My ultimate goal here is to provide not only names and dates, but also pictures, stories, and documentation so we can get a real sense of who our ancestors were and what they were really like. To accomplish this, I need your help. If you have information (pictures, stories, dates, anything really) to share, please let me know.

Soon, you can expect to find a wealth of information on the Witham family. We will be including information on Witham family history (I will cover not only information on my own line of Withams, but also the entire line of Withams, in general), our family crest, our motto (Optime Merenti), family facts and resources, Witham family reunion information, and even a Witham store where you can order Witham merchandise such as coffee mugs, t-shirts, and other items.

More to come...

Optime Merenti,
~Mike

3 comments:

  1. WITHAM FAMILY MOTTO
    Optime Merenti: "To the best deserving."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I married into the Witham family from Medford, Oregon. They ran the 3rd largest truck stop on the west coast during the 70s & 80s from what I have been told (Withams Parts and Equipment). It has since been sold but was began by H. CLAY WITHAM in the 30s (I believe), his son Rod Witham took it over at some point and was a ww2 vet. Super cool family, glad to have joined it:)

    ReplyDelete