Sunday, October 10, 2010

Witham Family Reunion


The Witham family reunion was held this year on July 18, 2010 at The Lion's Den in Franklin, IL. I was told we would eat around noon. This was the first reunion I had attended since I used to bring my grandpa over to them while he was still living, in the mid nineties.

I got to the reunion early and I brought along my cousin, Steve, and his 2 girls (ages 3 and 5) from the other side of my family.

Uncle Ray said there was a wedding in the family that conflicted with the reunion, so he warned me we may not have a great turnout. He was right. There were only 10 of us there, in all, but we made the best of it, anyway. The small group size really allowed us to talk amongst ourselves and get to know each other a little more than we would normally be able to do. Uncle Ray said the usual attendance runs around 30. We're hoping to build back up to that for next year.

In attendance this year were:

1) Aunt Betty Robinson
2) Aunt Betty's daughter, Judy
3) Judy's son, Sam.
4) Uncle Ed's daughter, Kim
5) Bill & Zella Witham's grandson Bucky
6) Bucky's wife, Connie
7) My cousin from the other side of my family, Steve
8) Steve's daughter, Landes
9) Steve's daughter, Grayson
10) Me (Christopher Michael Smith) - Tom Witham's grandson

Uncle Ed's daughter, Kim, took some pictures of everyone at the reunion. I'm hoping to get copies of them from her. If I can, I will be sure to post them for everyone to see.

Aunt Betty Robinson was kind enough to let me take her picture (left).

If you would like information on the next Witham family reunion, please contact me and I'll make sure you get put on the invitation list.

No comments:

Post a Comment